Monday, June 16, 2014

Don't Ring the Bell!

This week, we had a meeting with some of the missionaries in the area (called District Meeting) and our District Leader talked to us about Navy Seal Training and how grueling it is. That the training is meant to find those who will not give up- so the drill Sargent's (.. I think that is what they are called, I apologize for my lack of military knowledge) goal is to get people to give up. Throughout all of this, people go and ring this bell- I call it the pansy bell- and go home. Well, in everything we do we have that bell we can ring and give up, but will we? Will we make all the hard work we do lay to waste because we couldn't handle it? (Now, I know there are certain times when we have to because if we were to continue, we would put ourselves at harm- mentally, emotionally, spiritually or physically). What is going to motivate YOU to keep working your behind off at whatever it is you are doing?
I cannot ring the bell. I am here, thousands of miles away from my very loved friends and family, in Alabama serving- laboring for God. I cannot, and will not give up. In running cross country, you are supposed to run 80 feet past the finish line at the end of the race and you better believe that is what I am going to do! No pansy bells for me!
Really, I love this work. I love being able to serve Heavenly Father by spreading His gospel. I love that I get to give up everything, EXCEPT Him for 7 more months. I love being able to meet so many beautiful people and see them as their faith in Christ grows.
 I know, without a shadow of a doubt that what I share with people is true. Joseph Smith really did see Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ. Through Joseph, Christ restored His gospel on earth after it was gone for years and years after He suffered for us and was crucified.

Keep working hard and loving everyone! Those are the two best things you can ever do in this crazy, beautiful life.

love y'all!
sister nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment