Monday, January 19, 2015

Alabama Ain't that Far.

Well hey y'all.
This is my last post as a set apart missionary.
I feel like I should have something super epic, deep, and amazing things to say....
But I really don't... 
There never will be words to describe what I've been through, felt, and lived every single day for the past year and a half. Ever. 
So, it's just one of those "songs I cannot sing".

But y'all... Let me tell you. DO IT.
If you are thinking about serving a mission and have the slightest desire.. GO FOR IT. I am serious! You will never regret serving a mission- giving the Lord 18 or 24 months. In fact... you might regret it if you don't! SO go for it.

This week has been really good. One of our investigators is progressing and will be getting baptized on the 31st :) She bore her testimony to us about the truthfulness of the gospel after inviting her to be baptized. The spirit literally FLOODED the room as she told us how she's seen the difference in her life and how her relationship with God is so much better now than it ever has been before. 
BEAUTIFUL.
I"m really sad leaving Alabama. Like... Alabama has become my life! 
But I know this must end. I knew it would end when I signed up for it.
BUT! It will live on (soooo cheesy). 
Alabama has, literally, become a part of me.
As I've said goodbye to people I have come to love so much and as I've started packing, the feeling of sadness has slowly been overwhelmed with peace and the feelings of "this is right".

Last night we went to Mission Prep in Montgomery with a few youth.
During it, I got such a sense of peace and knew that the Lord is pleased with my mission.
That is really all I wanted. To know that the Savior is proud of me- and that is the most important to me.

Y'all. I know he is real. I know he loves ALL of us so much. I have had the opportunity to serve around people in all circumstances- well off, poor... etc. etc. And Let me tell you, God knows no boundaries. His love for us, His children, is so very real. I cannot deny it.

I want to promise you all, as a representative of Jesus Christ, that if you take the time to read the Book of Mormon sincerely, you will be able to feel closer to him than you ever have before. Sincerely reading the Book of Mormon has changed my life and those I've met. His love is real.

I feel as if the biggest thing I have taken away from my mission is, in a very real sense, who I am. I have come to better understand my worth as I testified to others of theirs.
I am so grateful for this gospel and all it has done for me.. but, almost more so, what I've seen it do for others.

This coming Saturday I will be having an open house, so come say hi! And then on Sunday I will be speaking at church at 1pm. All are more than welcome to come to both :) In fact, I would love to see everyone there! :)

Basically, missionary work is the very very best. I have seen so many miracles and tender mercy's that I can't even begin to count them.
this girl is going to do amazing things :)
 

 
I love y'all and am so excited to see everyone! :D

All of my Love, 
Sister Kirsten Nelson.
Steadfast in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment